Studio Policy & Procedures
- There are certain guidelines to which I strictly adhere regarding attendance, absences, the billing process and late fees. These guidelines are consistently maintained as they allow the business portion of my studio to flow smoothly and equitably. However, life
happens for everyone...including myself. Whether there is unexpected
travel, illness or any other situation. If for some reason a lesson
needs to be missed based on these circumstances, please give studio a 24
our notice so that we can schedule a makeup lesson. Only day to do a
makeup is on Sundays as I am booked Monday -Saturday.
- This is a private studio and does not follow the "academic school year." Tuition is based on a 12 month period, and divided into monthly payment installments that can be paid with different payment options. Cash, Personal Checks, Credit Card. Tuition remains the same each month (on occasion there will be 5 weeks so please advise). If you miss the first week of lessons please click here to make a safe and easy payment thru PayPal pay nowand then we will schedule a makeup lesson.
- Except for holidays, tuition is not adjusted/credited/refunded for any reason. Holidays I observe: Spring Break, Easter Sunday, Memorial weekend, 4th of July, Labor Day weekend, Thanksgiving and Christmas (the last 2 weeks of December).
- Tuition is due by the 1st week or 1st lesson of each month. There will be $10.00 late fee added to your account if paid after.
- Make checks payable to "April Ball-O'Dell"
- There are no refunds
- Returned checks will require a $25.00 bank fee
Recitals and Performances
Recitals are not optional. They are a requirement of my studio. The student and his/her supporters must arrive on time and stay until ALL students have played.
Please understand that I am running a business so in the event there is a decision to discontinue lessons, a one month notice is required. This allows me a chance to fill the time slot and finish the lessons on a positive note for the student.
Termination of Lessons
Students may be dismissed from lessons for any of the following reasons:
- Destruction or theft of property in my home or studio
- Disrespect or uncooperative attitude toward teachers or other students
- Failure to comply with studio policy
- Failure to pay tuition on the due date
- Parents must bring and pick students up on time
- Students are to wash their hands upon arriving/my arrival at lessons
- No food, drinks or gum in the music studio. Bottled water is ok.
- Young children may not be left unattended
- Students MUST deactivate their cell phones during lessons
My responsibility to the student is to provide an atmosphere for learning and a well-balanced musical education. Professional standards will be maintained and definite goals will be established for each student. It is my goal to give your students the best possible music education and experience. I engage myself in other activities such as master classes as well as reading on a continuing basis in order to provide opportunities for professional growth and enhance my own teaching skills.
I reserve the right to update or modify these Studio Policies, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of these Studio Policies on my website. Your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement with all posted Studio Policy updates, and you will be subject to the terms of those revised Studio Policies. You may access the current version at any time on my web site.